A statement piece adds visual interest and pulls the space together — and interior designers usually recommend one.
Do you want to make sure your living area, bedroom or elsewhere features an attention-getting piece, but not sure where to start?
Here’s how you can find the right focal point for your space:
- Determine the room’s best feature.Whether you have a living area with vaulted ceilings, a dining room with large windows or a bedroom with crown molding, you can use your statement piece to highlight this area.
- Understand the scale.Take your room’s full size into account. Don’t choose a small rug for a huge space or an oversized console table for an entryway.
- Decide if you want to go big or subtle.You could do one large statement piece in the center of the room or multiple smaller ones here and there. Consider a large mirror on an accent wall or a pair of striking vases on either side of a fireplace. This will depend on your taste as well as the size and shape of the space.
- Choose a theme or mix-and-match.Is a single color palette, pattern or material your style? Or would you prefer to blend several looks for something more eclectic? Whether you’re a minimalist or not will probably help you make this decision.
- Know your timeline.Maybe you plan to change your statement piece every so often, or perhaps you want something that will be there for the long haul. You may want to choose more subtle, timeless pieces if you plan to keep them for a while.
If you’re ready for a new place to design and decorate, get in touch today for help with your search.